Daddy and Mommy

Thursday, October 7, 2010
No sweeter words can be said by a child than that of being called Mommy and Daddy. We remember firsts as parents with all of our kids- the first step, the first word, the first time they feed themselves, etc. We certainly know what it felt like and how your heart melted when you heard one of your children look up and call you "Daddy" or "Mommy" for the first time- I know I sure remember! Today, we had one of those "firsts" with the boys.

We walked in at about 9:00 AM Uganda time and the boys were sitting at their tables in their activity room doing preschool activities. We walked in and immediately Nicholas made eye contact with Tara and Patrick looked up at me and they used the words Mommy and Daddy and we just were overwhelmed with joy. At that moment, I scooped up Patrick and began to squeeze him and he grabbed the side of my face and planted a big kiss on the side of it- unreal!

Today, we were able to take the boys off-site for a couple of hours. Tara had to meet with the sweet Amani ladies about court tomorrow and expectations and Auntie Anne and I watched the boys at the Palm Tree hotel. We had the best time- singing, dancing, playing in the baby pool, eating snacks, and chasing each other. We had the best time! Before we headed back, we treated the boys to their first taste of pizza- Patrick inhaled it but, Nicholas ate it in well, Nicholas fashion- slow and steady and studied every bite. Great time for all of us- I have to say at this point Auntie Anne is a pretty special babysitter!

The boys are napping now and we will go back at 4:00 or so and play with them some more. Please pray for court tomorrow- that all goes well and the judge does in fact show up! We leave here from the hotel at 6:30 AM and all of us including Mommy, Daddy, Patrick, and Nicholas will be wearing our "smart" clothes (ultimate compliment that you look handsome or pretty!)

Lastly, let me say we miss the girls so much- Emma, Ava, and Sarah James- your Mommy and Daddy love you so much and will see you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Of course you will be "smart". It is so fun to keep up with you this way. I love these stories! Please know I am praying for you that all goes smoothly. Of course if it doesn't, it is still part of God's plan for your journey. Have fun!

  1. cindy said...:

    Mommy and Daddy!!! Wow, so sweet, I'm so glad this day was better and that you enjoyed each other.

    Continue to pray for your court date, that the judge shows and that you make progress. Happy that you will meet Nicholas, the lawyer. He is really nice, he and Buddy talked alot.

    Kelsey was there while we were there, she is a sweet person and has been around those kids a long time.

    Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

  1. Renee said...:

    This is such good stuff, Drew! Such a happy day! I have had y'all on my mind constantly. I can't imagine how sweet it was to hear them call you Mommy and Daddy! We will be praying that court goes well...keep us posted!

  1. Unknown said...:

    hard to believe that you have been their "mommy and daddy" from the day that they were formed in their birthmother's womb.....who knew?!?!? what a sweet moment...the first of many!

  1. suzanne said...:

    last comment was from me...love it when my kids are logged in under their accounts and I dont know it!

Post a Comment